About the Product:
Baby Corn is a cereal grain taken from corn harvested early while the stalks are still small and immature. It typically is eaten whole – cob included – in contrast to mature corn, whose cob is too tough for human consumption.
Baby corn is a low-calorie vegetable with 25 calories per 1/2-cup serving. Baby Corn which is considered a starchy vegetable, has more than 60 calories. Baby corn has a calorie content that’s similar to that of other non-starchy vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower and green beans. As a low-calorie food, baby corn can fill you up without costing you too many calories, making it a good choice if you’re trying to lose or :
Storage and uses:
Refrigerate immediately to retain sweetness. Low temperatures reduce the rate of the conversion of sugar to starch. De-husked baby corn can be refrigerated for up to one week without losing its quality. It should be stored at 50 -7 0C, with a relative humidity of 90 per cent.
Baby Corn is low in carbs, brimming with Fiber, a good source of folate. It has some amount of calcium, zinc and Iron, it also has a notable amount of B vitamins, especially Vitamin B1. It is fairly good source of vitamin C.
Baby Corn Chilly Recipe
for frying baby corn:
- 3 cup water
- 9 baby corn chopped
- ½ cup maida
- ¼ cuo corn flour
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp pepper crushed
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- Oil for frying
for corn flour slurry:
- 1 tsp corn flour
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tsp oil
- 2 greem chilli (slit)
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic finely chopped
- 4 tbsp spring onion finely chopped
- ½ onion petals
- ½ capsicum cubed
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1-/4 tsp pepper crushed
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- firstly, in a large kadai heat 3 tsp oil and saute 2 green chilli, 1 inch ginger and 3 clove on high flame.
- also saute 2 tbsp spring onion slightly.
- now add ½ onion, ½ capsicum and saute on high flame.
- additionally add 2 tbsp tomato sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp soy sauce, ¼ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp sugar and ¼ tsp salt.
- mix well and saute for a minute.
- add cornflour slurry. to prepare corn flour water mix 1 tsp of corn flour with ¼ cup of water.
- give a good mix until the gravy slightly thickens and turns translucent.
- additionally, add fried baby corn.
- mix gently making sure the sauce has coated well uniformly
- finally, transfer chilli baby corn to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped spring onions green. serve with fried rice.