About the Product:
The cherry tomato is a type of small round tomato believed to be an intermediate genetic admixture between wild currant-type tomatoes and domesticated garden tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes range in size from a thumb-tip up to the size of a golf ball, and can range from spherical to slightly oblong in shape.
One Cup of cherry tomatoes contains:
- Calories: 25.
- Protein: 1 gram.
- Fat: 0 grams.
- Carbohydrates: 6 grams.
- Fiber: 2 grams.
- Sugar: 4 grams.
Storage and uses:
Since tomatoes are sensitive to cold, and it will impede their ripening process, store them at room temperature and out of direct exposure to sunlight. They will keep for up to a week, depending upon how ripe they are when purchased.
Cherry tomatoes are rich in lycopene, which is great at fighting free radicals that cause disease. Lycopene can also limit UV damage to your skin from sun exposure and promote better heart health.
Cherry tomatoes are also an excellent source of:
- Vitamin A.
- Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E.
Tomato chitranna recipe
· 2 tbsp oil
· 2 Tbsp Peanuts
· 1 tsp mustard
· 1 tsp urad dal
· 1 tsp chana dal
· ½ tsp jeera
· Pinch hing
· Few curry leaves
· 1 onion (finely chopped)
· 1 inch ginger (finely chopped)
· 2 tomato (finely chopped)
· ¼ tsp turmeri
- ¾ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ½ cup rice
- 2 tbsp coconut grated
· 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- firstly, in a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil and roast 2 tbsp peanuts on low flame.
- roast until peanuts turn crunchy, set aside.
- in the hot oil add 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp urad dal, 1 tsp chana dal, ½ tsp cumin, pinch hing and few curry leaves.
- splutter the tempering without burning.
- now add 1 onion, 1 inch ginger and saute well.
- also add 2 tomato and saute for a minute.
- cover and cook until tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- further, add ¼ tsp turmeric, ¾ tsp chilli powder and 1 tsp salt.
- saute until spices turn aromatic.
- add in 2½ cup cooked rice and mix gently.
- cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes or until flavours are absorbed.
- add 2 tbsp coconut and 2 tbsp coriander. mix well.
- finally, enjoy tomato chitranna with raita.