Tomato Garlic Thokku
- ½ kg tomato
- 1 cup garlic flakes
- 1 tsp jaggery
- 1-/2 lemon sized tamarind
- 2tbsp red chilli powder
- Salt as needed
- ¼ cup gingerly oil
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 to 3 spring curry leaves
How to make Tomato Garlic Thokku:
- Heat a kadai, add 5 tbsp of sesame oil, once it heated, add a tbsp of mustard seeds and allow it to splutter completely.
- Add peeled garlic flakes and curry leaves, saute for a minute, or slightly changes its color.
- Now finely chopped tomatoes to be added.
- Sprinkle some salt and add turmeric powder. Mix well and cook covered and stir in-between.
- When the tomatoes are half cooked, add jaggery and red chili powder and give a quick stir.
- Squeeze juice from half lemon size tamarind soaked in water, add it to tomato thokku.
- Mix really well and cook covered for some minutes and stir occasionally without sticking at the bottom.
- Cook till the oil oozes on top and turn off the flame