ABOUT THE PRODUCT
Corn is a tall annual cereal grass (Zea mays) that is widely grown for its large elongated ears of starchy seeds. The seeds, which are also known as corn, are used as food for humans and livestock and as a source of biofuel and can be processed into a wide range of useful chemicals.
Corn is high in carbs and packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals. It’s also relatively low in protein and fat.
Corn has several health benefits. Because of the high fiber content, it can aid with digestion. It also contains valuable B vitamins, which are important to your overall health. Corn also provides our bodies with essential minerals such as zinc, magnesium, copper, iron and manganese.
STORAGE & USES
Storing grain at the proper moisture content, making routine grain observations during storage, and grain temperature management are important to prevent grain storage problems.
crispy fried corn
- 4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup sweet corn
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 1 tbsp maida / plain
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- oil (for frying)
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp aamchur
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp capsicum (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- firstly, in a large vessel boil 4 cup water and 1 tsp salt.
- add 2 cup sweet corn and boil for a minute.
- drain off the sweet corn to remove excess water.
- now add ¼ cup cornflour, ¼ cup rice flour, 1 tbsp maida, ¼ tsp pepper powder and ¼ tsp salt.
- mix well making sure the flour is coated well to sweet corn.
- sieve the mixture to remove excess flour.
- deep fry in hot oil making sure to keep the flame on medium.
- stir occasionally, and fry on medium flame until it turns golden brown.
- drain off over kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- transfer the fried corn into a large bowl.
- add ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp aamchur and ¼ tsp salt.
- mix well making sure the spices are well combined.
- also add 2 tbsp onion, 2 tbsp capsicum and 2 tbsp coriander.
- mix well-combining everything well.
- finally, enjoy crispy corn recipe with tomato sauce.
Corn and Capsicum Sandwich
- 1 ½ cups boiled sweet corn kernels
- ½ cup finally chopped capsicum
- 8 Bread slices
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp finelly chopped garlic
- 2 tsp green chilli
- Salt to taste
- 12 tsp butter for spreading and brushing
- Heat the butter in a broad non sticky pan, add onions, garlic and green chillies and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum, sweet corn, salt and black pepper powder cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring occasionally
- Keep aside to cool completely.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tsp butter on each bread slice.
- SPREAD ¼ of the mixture evenly over it and sandwich it with another bread slice with the buttered side facing downwards.
- Brush 1 tsp butter on the top of the bread and grill in the greased pre-heated sandwich grill for 4 to 5 minutes or till the sandwich turns brown and crisp from both sides
- Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- RePeat the steps 4 to 7 to make 3 more grilled sandwiches
- Sanwich is ready to serve