crispy fried corn
- 4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup sweet corn
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 1 tbsp maida / plain
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- oil (for frying)
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp aamchur
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp capsicum (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- firstly, in a large vessel boil 4 cup water and 1 tsp salt.
- add 2 cup sweet corn and boil for a minute.
- drain off the sweet corn to remove excess water.
- now add ¼ cup cornflour, ¼ cup rice flour, 1 tbsp maida, ¼ tsp pepper powder and ¼ tsp salt.
- mix well making sure the flour is coated well to sweet corn.
- sieve the mixture to remove excess flour.
- deep fry in hot oil making sure to keep the flame on medium.
- stir occasionally, and fry on medium flame until it turns golden brown.
- drain off over kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- transfer the fried corn into a large bowl.
- add ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp aamchur and ¼ tsp salt.
- mix well making sure the spices are well combined.
- also add 2 tbsp onion, 2 tbsp capsicum and 2 tbsp coriander.
- mix well-combining everything well.
- finally, enjoy crispy corn recipe with tomato sauce.
Corn and Capsicum Sandwich
- 1 ½ cups boiled sweet corn kernels
- ½ cup finally chopped capsicum
- 8 Bread slices
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp finelly chopped garlic
- 2 tsp green chilli
- Salt to taste
- 12 tsp butter for spreading and brushing
- Heat the butter in a broad non sticky pan, add onions, garlic and green chillies and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum, sweet corn, salt and black pepper powder cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring occasionally
- Keep aside to cool completely.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tsp butter on each bread slice.
- SPREAD ¼ of the mixture evenly over it and sandwich it with another bread slice with the buttered side facing downwards.
- Brush 1 tsp butter on the top of the bread and grill in the greased pre-heated sandwich grill for 4 to 5 minutes or till the sandwich turns brown and crisp from both sides
- Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- RePeat the steps 4 to 7 to make 3 more grilled sandwiches
- Sanwich is ready to serve