Capsicum Masala Curry
for masala paste:
- 2 tbsp peanut
- 1 tbsp sesame / til
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera
- ¼ tsp methi / fenugreek
- Few curry leaves
- 6 dried red chilli
- ¼ cup dry coconut / kopra
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 capsicum (cubed)
- ½ onion (petals)
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup tamarind extract
- 2 tbsp coriander (chopped)
- firstly, in a pan dry roast 2 tbsp peanuts until they turn crunchy and skin separates.
- add in 1 tbsp sesame and roast until they turn aromatic.
- transfer to the small mixer and allow to cool completely.
- now in the same pan add 1 tsp coriander seeds, ½ tsp cumin, ¼ tsp methi.
- roast for minute.
- further add few curry leaves, 6 dried red chilli and ¼ cup dry coconut.
- roast until the coconut turns golden brown.
- allow them to cool completely, and transfer to the same mix.
- now blend to coarse powder without adding any water. keep aside.
- in a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil and saute 1 tsp cumin.
- add in ½ onion followed by 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- additionally add 1 capsicum, ½ onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- saute until the onions shrink slightly.
- further add 1 tomato and saute well.
- now add ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp salt and mix well.
- add in prepared masala and saute for minute.
- now add ½ cup tamarind extract and mix well.
- add water as required adjusting consistency.
- cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until oil separates.
- finally, add 2 tbsp coriander and enjoy capsicum masala curry with roti