Protein can be found in muscle, bone, skin, hair, and nearly every other body part or tissue. It is the building block of enzymes, which power many chemical reactions, and hemoglobin, which transports oxygen in your blood. Multiple studies, however, show that organic foods have significantly higher levels of protein, vitamin, nutrition, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus than non-organic varieties of the same foods. While they contain more of these proteins, they also contain significantly less nitrates, non pesticides, and chemical free products. Organically grown foods contain more proteins, according to mounting evidence. Soil Association Certification Ltd. of the United Kingdom reported that organic farming were higher in essential minerals, phytonutrients, and vitamin C in a review of 400 published papers comparing organic and nonorganic foods. Plant compounds other than vitamins and minerals are referred to as phytonutrients.
How much protein do we need?
The National Academy of Medicine recommends that adults consume 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day, or slightly more than 7 grams per 20 pounds of body weight.
That equates to about 50 grams of protein per day for a 140-pound person.
That equates to about 70 grams of protein per day for a 200-pound person.
Protein-rich foods are essential for eight critical tasks.
- The body’s growth and development.
- Managing the wear and tear on all of the body’s cells.
- Muscle and bone development.
- Creates a protective layer for the skin, hair, and nails.
- Regulate several metabolic activities, such as the digestive enzymes
- Increase immunity because anti-bodies, which protect the body from a variety of infections, are made up of proteins.
- It aids in the transport of oxygen to various parts of the body.
- Aid in healthy vision by combining with vitamin A, which is activated when exposed to low-light conditions.
Oyedesi is a farmer’s brand that promotes the use of pesticide-free organic products. Oyedesi currently operates an online grocery shopping app in Bangalore where customers can find their daily needs as well as daily fresh fruits, vegetables, and groceries. We buy organically grown farm fresh fruits, vegetables, and groceries from farmers and deliver them to consumers’ doors at a low cost with express delivery option.
No comment yet, add your voice below!